November 2021 (French)
2 days, each from 7.30 to 18.00
Kirchstrasse 2, 9216 Heldswil, Switzerland
WEPA Module 6
Module in small groups of 8 to 14 people
Every farrier and every vet receive a hoof each. What has been learned in the theory lesson can be put into practice directly thereafter.
Please bring with you:
Farriers: Shoeing material, shoeing apron, forging hammer, forging tongs.
Veterinarians: Shoeing material, shoeing apron, x-ray apron, x-ray machine if possible.
Registration: Modules 3 to 6 have to be booked together.
- Aetiology and pathogenesis
- Diagnostic WLD vs laminitis
- Treatment options
- Hoof wall resection
- Cast for WLD
- Shoeing solutions
- Shoeing techniques
- Fixation techniques
- Different types of fractures of the coffin bone
- Mechanical effect of the deep digital flexor tendon
- X-ray technique
- Possibilities for operation
- Shoeing options